8 January 2012

Ambivalence




I'm trying to work out what it is about windows that fascinate me. They feature a lot in my photography, in my fashion shoots or capturing the light shining through a broken window in a derelict building. Of course as a photographer I am in love with the light they provide as well as a good composition to frame, but there is something more personal behind it.
Throughout my life I have spent a lot of time gazing out of the window and watching the world go by, whilst being stuck behind a barrier of glass myself. The window shows me the world I want to explore but the darkness inside holds me back.

I am caught between the light and the dark.

...

Tomorrow I am going away for a week, with limited internet access. I will have lots of photographs to post when I return.

2 comments :

Antonio said...

This picture is beautiful!

I can totally relate with the window thing also! It's weird but they are interesting to look out of, to see what comes through them, and so much more :)

Amelia said...

Beautiful picture!