10 March 2012

Textile Experimentation



This week has been quite interesting for me at work, I was asked to do extra hours to cover lecturers that were off sick so I found myself with textiles students as well as 3D students another day.
I don't have much experience with other forms of art, apart from when I done art & textiles for my GCSE's, so it was a bit of a challenge for me. It was a great experience learning more about what they do and incorporating it into my photography. With both groups we took advantage of this and spent some time photographing the pieces they have been making. Above are a couple of examples of some of the textiles students work, photographed outside as well as in the studio.

(Textured material by Katie Edwards, Skirt by Rosie Mallinson-Beedie)

No comments :